Wednesday 1 April 2015

Home made Iced Tea


So I had the urge to make a quencher to liven up our dull lunch. Luckily, I remembered a recipe for a homemade iced tea from Pinterest so I decided to give it a try since I have a lot of tea bags from my experiments in making chai. (Hey, I gotta post how to make my favourite hot drink some time!) I made a few tweaks in the recipe but if you want to see the original, you can find it here.

Ingredients

I was lucky I have everything I needed to make this home made tea. You will only need the following:

1) Tea bags, about 3 (good for 4 persons)
2) Honey, 3/4 cup
Support local products!


3) Baking Soda, just a pinch
4) 2 cups of boiling water
5) 4 cups of Cold water
6) Pitcher, 2 litres

Procedures

Step 1: 
Boil about 2 cups of water. The pitcher I used can hold somewhere around 2 litres so reduced the number of water from the original recipe.

Step 2: 
Put a pinch of baking soda on the bottom of the pitcher. The baking soda is for keeping the tea from being too bitter and cloudy.

When the water has boiled, transfer it to the pitcher and steep in the tea. I read somewhere that the tea bag must be placed first before pouring the hot water. Also, different teas need different steeping time. Just follow the instructions in the tea bag to be sure.

The picture below shows 4 tea bags but it was a bit bitter so I recommend to use 3 tea bags instead.

I  just hung the entire tea bag from the pitcher to make sure it won't
fall in. Lazy me, ha-ha!


Step 3: 
Remove the tea bags and pour in the honey. I used half a cup of honey when I prepared this before for 2 persons and it was very sweet so I thought 3/4 cup of honey for 2 litres would be enough. 

Stir well.

Step 4:
Add in the cold water. It is also better to chill the home made tea first but in my case, my sister is already pretending to choke so I put ice in instead. Just make sure the tea is not that hot any more or the glass pitcher might shatter.


I hope you'll enjoy this home made iced tea :) When I first tried the recipe, I ran out of original Lipton tea so I used green tea instead. The taste is quite green tea-ish but it was surprisingly nice so you might want to try it!

Iced Green Tea for two :)



No comments:

Post a Comment